Monday, May 20, 2013

Crash Landing


Did you see the story about two eagles that got into a midair fight? In their fight they locked talons. As they plummeted toward the ground, they did not separate.

With locked talons, they were out of control and ended up crashing onto the tarmac at Duluth International Airport. They survived and were found by a concerned citizen. He wrapped them up and put them in his truck to take them to an animal rehab center.

On the way one eagle got loose and flew away. The other one, receiving a little more damage, is now in a raptor rehab center.

As I read the story, it didn’t take me long to start thinking about people. When we lock into conflict, digging our talons into one another, it is not likely to end well.

I wonder if those eagles were too stubborn to let go?

"I’ll crash us to the ground before I’ll let go!"

No comments: