Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday a.m.

Sunday morning in the backyard
Good morning! Looks like we are off to a very warm start to the day and to the week. I prefer this over last week's start. If I recall correctly, it was in the upper 30s this time last Monday. I wore winter gear for my morning run. This morning it will simply be shorts, shoes, and a shirt. I like the simplicity of that.

I hope you had a good weekend. I had a good one, even if it was on the busy side. I managed to take some time off on Friday, which is my goal each week. I hopped on the bike and got 64 miles in, taking a tour of parts of Orange and Washington county. It was humid but not hot.

After the ride, later in the day, a couple of my boys, my dad, and I headed for the woods. We went there to cut firewood. Later several of our women folk joined us around a fire that we lit. We enjoyed some hot dogs and other good woods food. It was a pleasant evening.

Saturday was the busy day. I had hoped to run and ride, but I only managed a quick 5 mile run in the humidity. Spring Mill Bible Camp was celebrating 50 years and I was a speaker, so I spent most of the morning thinking through what I was going to say. It was a really nice day at Camp. My grandparents were honored, along with a few others, for their help in establishing the camp.

It's going to be an unusually busy week, so I best get going! Thanks for coming by.

No comments: