Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Anxiety Casting



I have lots of people say they pray for me. I believe them, because I feel peaceful most of the time. It can only come from God. I ask for his peace, but I know I need the prayerful help of others.

There are times, lots of times, when that peace is threatened and then forfeited by my choice to worry about things over which I have no control, which is nearly everything.

Yesterday one of my friends prayed with me and for me. In the prayer, he quoted a verse that I know and have preached. Somehow hearing him pray those precious words did something to me, deep down in my heart. It was a fleeting moment really, a quick prayer, mostly for food.

In that prayer, between the food and family requests, were the words of 1 Peter 5:7. My friend asked God to help me remember and practice Peter’s words to persecuted people of long ago. Those words are still powerful, pertinent, and are again present in my heart.

1 Peter 5:7 — Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Lord, help me to always remember.

No comments: