Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday

"Good morning America, how are you? Don't you know me, I'm your native son." Everybody sing... Not sure where that came from, but I will let it leave now. How nice it is to wake up to mid 60s this morning! I know change is coming, but let's enjoy today.


Yesterday was so beautiful! And it was busy. I had a good breakfast meeting and then my day unfolded considerably different than I thought it would, which is not unusual. There were lots of things going on yesterday with different people. Lots of things.

We are trying to help a guy get back on his feet in various ways. We found out yesterday afternoon that he was going to have to sleep in his car last night. After several communications, a friend figured out a way to find him a place to stay. I think this guy is going to make it. He works hard and is capable in lots of ways. He is overcoming demons of addictions.

The day ended in a nice way. I drove the junior high track team to Bedford. I made arrangements with Rand the man to run 10 miles while the meet was going on. It was warm and windy but pleasant. I didn't know how long the meet would last, so I will a little nervous about getting too far away. After getting around 6 miles on a fairly conventional course, we did a few loops here and there. It was enjoyable.

Today is the long day, but that's OK. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: