Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thanks



There is an old Ray Boltz song entitled, "Thank you for Giving to the Lord." The song has several verses that imagine a person standing in Heaven, surprised by people who are there because of his/her influence.

At the time, the influential acts of the imagined past seemed small, insignificant perhaps, and certainly not noteworthy. Yet:

One by one they came
Far as the eye could see
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity

Little things that you had done
Sacrifices made
Unnoticed on the earth
In heaven now proclaimed


I can think of people who have said things and done things to/with me that made a huge difference, yet I am fairly certain they had no awareness of their influence and impact at the time.

Maybe I should tell them?

Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave

No comments: