Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday a.m.

Tuesday is on a 2 hour delay, at least for the schools around here. It's just another sign of the softness that rules our culture. Back in the day we went to school when it was 50 below and 100 mph winds swirling about. No problem.

Good morning! It hope you are surviving this cold morning. I am looking at 8 degrees, which, really, is not that cold, is it? I remember a few years ago when it hit -14 or 15. Now that was cold. The daytime highs struggled to reach single digits. That was really cold. Enough of that for now, I suppose.

Yesterday was a good varied day. It ranged all the way from seeing a lady who is dying to helping change light bulbs in the ceiling of our gym, standing on a ladder on top of scaffolding. I only had to use 1 or 2 steps of the ladder. I also saw a guy yesterday who has dementia. His wife died a few days ago, but he doesn't remember it. That's a thought that I can't seem to shake. There's a lot to ponder about that.

Late in the afternoon I ran with Tim S. We cranked out 7 miles as the sun was moving toward the wind-swept western horizon. Maybe it was that slipping sun that caused the problem. Was the sun in her eyes?  I'm speaking of the lady who just about ran over us.

I hit a car to keep from being hit by a car. It was really close. We were running along and a lady literally turned into us, as she was turning into a small side street. I reached out with my left hand to stop myself. Her front wheels missed my feet by less than 6 inches. I banged her hood with my right hand, to get her attention. Everybody was scared, I think. We stopped. She stopped. She didn't get out, and we chose to run on.

Last night I went to the pool and managed to get 800 yards. I am very pleased about my swimming right now. I'm starting off better than where I left off last year. Compared to others, that's not saying a whole lot (ha ha), but for me it is significant.

Today? Lots to do. If I told you, then I'd have to kill you.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: