Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dying Regrets



Bronnie Ware, an Australian nurse who worked for years with people who are dying, took notes about her patients. She put her findings in a book, The Top Five Regrets of the Dying.

These are the regrets that were stated repeatedly by her Australian patients:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

She said that nearly every man stated the 2nd one. Men, you might want to read it again.

Can you imagine your own funeral? It’s a good exercise. Any idea about your epitaph?

It’s good to imagine your regrets and take action now, while you can, to remove them.

Know regrets (now) = no regrets (later).

No comments: