Friday, December 07, 2012

Who Are You?


The professor giving the English final exam was very strict and told the class that any exam not on his desk in exactly two hours would not be accepted. "Automatic F!"

A student rushed in 30 minutes late and asked the professor for an exam booklet. "You're not going to have time to finish." the professor stated sarcastically.

"Yes I will," replied the student. He took a seat and began writing.

After two hours, the professor called for the exams. All the students filed up and handed them in, except for the late-comer. A half hour later, he came up to turn in his exam.

"No! I'm not going to accept that. It's late."

The student looked incredulous and angry. "Do you know WHO I am?"

"No, as a matter of fact I don't," replied the professor.

"You mean to tell me that you don’t know who I am?" the student asked again.

"No, and I don't care!" replied the professor.

"Good," replied the student, who quickly lifted the stack of exams, stuffed his in the middle, and ran out of the room.

* * *

I hope you know who and whose you are. If you follow Jesus, then you are God’s beloved daughter or son.

Romans 8:15ff.:

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What’s next, Papa?" God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children.

No comments: