Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday a.m.


Good morning! How are you on this fine Monday morning? It's going to be a great week, a special week for me. My little girl comes home from Costa Rica tomorrow night! It's hard to believe that 15 weeks have come and gone since she left. Don't expect anything out of me on Wednesday, by the way. Ha ha!

Do those waders make the creek look fat? This young lady, Lauren, wanted to be baptized in the creek in December. We do have a nice heated baptistery. I've actually baptized more people in that spot in the creek than I have anywhere else in the last couple of years. It is a really nice place, but it's usually in the summer when we are there. I appreciate her commitment and dedication, and it really was not that cold. The Lord blessed us with a dry window and 60+ degree temps.

I had a good weekend. Did you? Friday night we had our Capstone Ministries (ReGeneration Store) party and had a great time. We passed out some gifts and enjoyed some great food. Penny, our store manager, hosted us all. The Store has been blessed beyond our expectations, so we humbly gave thanks for all that. Our staff is amazing. They are humble servants on a mission.

Saturday I ran 11.5 miles. A few others ran 10 and some ran 7. I did a little before the group stared, and then different ones left at different points along the way. It was a really nice morning to run. I really like a very light mist around 50 degrees for running. Here's the scoreboard:

Run so far: 1404.85  Needed to reach 1500: 95.15  Days left in the year: 21  Need to average per day: 4.53. I should have this without problem, barring injury or something else unforeseen.

I talked to Luke yesterday. He's doing well. I really miss him, but he is going to be home between Christmas and New Years. It will be great to spend time with him over several days. One of his present projects at work is a water treatment system for a factory in Liberia. There is a decent chance that he will get to travel there next year. That would be awesome. I wish I could go with him. I've always wanted to go to Africa. Maybe someday.

OK, lots of stuff to do...

No comments: