Monday, November 26, 2012

Simple Prayer


Do you ever need help praying? I do.

It’s easy to get overwhelmed at times with all the needs and requests. There is so much to pray for! Sometimes the feeling of being overwhelmed stops us from praying at all.

Many years ago I received some very good counsel about prayer, especially when you feel overwhelmed: keep it simple.

Here’s a sample of a simple prayer that I came across in Proverbs 30.

"God, I’m asking for two things

before I die; don’t refuse me—

Banish lies from my lips

and liars from my presence.

Give me enough food to live on,

neither too much nor too little.

If I’m too full, I might get independent,

saying, ‘God? Who needs him?’

If I’m poor, I might steal

and dishonor the name of my God."

Isn’t that a wonderful prayer?

Let’s keep growing in truthfulness, both in what we speak and in what we hear from others.

Let’s seek the balance and satisfaction that only God can supply, becoming totally dependent upon him.

It’s a good place to start.

No comments: