Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday a.m.

I only do it so I can wear the vest
Good morning! Wow, after a very different week, I feel a little "rusty" trying to get back into a regular routine. I'm certainly not complaining about last week. It was wonderful! I love Thanksgiving and the short week it brings.

We had a great Give Thanks 4 run. We had around 30 volunteers and several financial sponsors, along with 125ish runners. The weather was perfect, and the atmosphere was warm, supportive, and enjoyable. I really, really enjoy putting this race on. I have wonderful help from several, which makes it possible.

After the race, I was beat. I got up at 4 a.m. and didn't stop doing things until around 10:45. I went home and cleaned up and headed to my sister's home for a Thanksgiving meal, which was yummy. Then Kedra, Ben, and I took off for Alabama. I was able to take a pretty good nap in the car. We arrived in Alabama around 8, I think.

On Black Friday, while some of the others were shopping, I went for a nice 12 mile run to, and along, the Tennessee River. It was so nice! Quiet. Peaceful. It was nothing spectacular--just a nice steady run--you can see the map here. After the early run, I came back and relaxed and read for a while. Lester and Maddie arrived later in the afternoon. Luke came down Thursday night, so we had 3 out of 4 of our kids present for an AL Thanksgiving meal.

Saturday I ran some more. Lester and Ben went to the Iron Bowl: Alabama and Auburn football game. The rest of us relaxed and then went to a wedding. It was a good day. It was topped off by a phone call from Costa Rica. Rebecca is doing great.

Yesterday I went for another run. I ran 5.4 miles, which corresponds to my 54th birthday. After that we worshiped with the Mayfair Church of Christ, where we saw several friends. After a brunch, we made our way back home, arriving around 7 p.m. We unpacked and started settling back in for the week. This is going to be a smokey week for me. I plan to smoke 2 case of pork shoulders, around 150 pounds, before the week is over. Yikes.

I've decided to go for the 1500 mile running goal for the year. I am sitting on 1347.92, so I'm in a pretty good position, barring injury or a lot of bad weather.

I hope your day/week goes well. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: