Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday morning

Marc is coming to town
Good morning Tuesday! Why did I have to start you so early? You know how I had a couple of days recently where I woke up during the 3 o'clock hour and couldn't go back to sleep. Well, I didn't do that this morning. No, I woke up at 2:22 a.m., and that was it. The old mine engaged and would not be denied or shut down. Oh well...

Marc Tindall, our main man in Honduras, is coming to town tomorrow afternoon. I am looking forward to seeing him and his wife Terri. He will speak to all of us tomorrow evening at 7.

Today I am holing up to write. I have a deadline, and it's called Thursday. But today is it for me. I worked on it several hours yesterday, so I am in pretty good shape, I think. I have to finish a few pages, polish, get footnotes in order, convert from (my much preferred) WordPerfect to Word, and hope that it holds together.

What am I writing? A chapter for a book to honor Charles Siburt. It's basically my doctoral thesis written in a more accessible, reader-friendly way. I have an 8,000 word limit. Charles recently died of cancer, and this book will be a tribute to him and his work of training students. The completed book will be presented to his family at next year's Christian Scholar's Conference. I plan to be there.

Yesterday was a nice damp day. I actually enjoy rainy days, so I was fine with it. I got a good 5 mile run in early yesterday. Then I had a lot of correspondence going on, along with a meeting or two. The afternoon was devoted to writing.

Today it's writing, followed by Tempo Tuesday! Three miles tonight. I'm not sure what I can do with such a short night.

No comments: