Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Self-deception



Self-deception is a huge issue, from what I read. I don’t have a problem with it personally, at least that’s what I tell myself. (That was a joke.)

They, whoever they are, say that we talk to ourselves more than we talk to anyone else. And guess who we talk about the most? Yes, that’s right. We talk to ourselves mostly about ourselves.

We all lie at times, so guess who we likely lie to the most? See the previous paragraph for the answer.

How do we figure how we are deceiving ourselves? True friends are probably the best answer, but you can start by listening to yourself. Do you spend a lot of time rationalizing?

A long time ago someone wrote this out for me:

Rationalize = rational lies

All lying is sourced, ultimately, in the father of lies, Satan (see John 8).

I need to be careful.

No comments: