Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Been nice not having to run AC lately
Good morning Wednesday! You are a little on the chilly side this morning, but that's OK. You'll be warmer later.

Faithful readers, I wish I had something exciting to tell you this morning. Let me think for a minute. Well, yesterday I stayed holed up in my office until about 6:30 p.m.. Never got in a vehicle; didn't run. Just wrote, read what I wrote, revised what I wrote, read my revisions, revised my revisions, and read them again. Exciting stuff, I'm telling you.

I really wrestled with missing Tempo Tuesday. I argued with myself most of the day about it. I feel that I'm flirting with over-training right now, with 2 weeks in a row of 40+ miles and 6 days each week of running. Plus I got up at 2:30 yesterday morning. In the end I opted to rest. No regrets for now.

This morning I will run a little longer than I had scheduled to make up some of yesterday's lost miles. I won't get 45 this week, but that's OK. That number is somewhat arbitrary, but I like it. I like 50 even better, but. . . It may not happen this training cycle. I hope to do my first 20 miler of this cycle on Saturday. I hear we are starting at 6 a.m.? Dark and early.

I have run several times in Bedford during that hour. My most vivid memory of it goes like this. I left Parkview and was heading down a side street toward Wilson Park. The little side street did not have as much light as the main streets, but I could see my way OK. As I was running down a little grade toward the spot where 3 streets connect, just below the baseball field, I noticed some movement on the street in front of me.

First thought: it's a small dog, I need to be careful; don't want a yapper at my ankles. It was not a dog. Second thought: it's a cat, so who cares. It wasn't a cat. Third thought: that's not a possum or a coon. I was right. Fourth thought, which led to an abrupt turn around: that's a stinkin' skunk. It was.

That skunk ran down the road into a culvert underneath where the 3 roads come together. His bushy tail was bouncing all the way down the road.  I avoided that area until daylight. Now, wasn't that an exciting story?

Today Marc Tindall comes to town. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Before he arrives, I have lots to do, so bye!

No comments: