Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Wednesday morning


Good morning! It's August! Again! How the months roll around... I hope you are doing well on this new day, a gift from God. The appropriate response is gratitude, of course. Go ahead and say "Thanks!"

Yesterday was packed for me. I did more yesterday than I've done in a while, and of course, as usual, a lot of it was not planned. I think I got most of my planned work done, plus a lot of those God orchestrated interruptions that showed up - more than usual. It was a long but good day. Of course most of my work is not appropriate for publication. You'll just have to wonder, won't you? Please keep in mind that if I told you some things, then I would have to kill you. That's why this blog spends most of its time on my endurance exploits. (And not all of the things in this area are publishable - secret training, doping suspicions, etc.)

Speaking of endurance exploits, the image above played a huge part. I did not run yesterday morning, anticipating a hard ride, followed by a run in the Park (not walk). Late afternoon I became aware that we were under a severe thunderstorm watch, so I went to view the radar. I started following this bad boy, pictured above. So many storms this summer have dried up and died before they get to us. Would this one be the same?

I loaded my bike and gear and headed to the Park. I delayed and went about 15 minutes later than usual so I could check the radar. When I arrived, Rand was there. We talked briefly about fools and foolish behavior. I will not name names. Others started arriving. We ended up with a fairly large group, a large group of fairly intelligent people all trying to decide whether to ride our bikes into a severe thunderstorm warning. Well, bottom line: we delayed about half an hour and rode AND did not get wet or lightninged upon.

We did shorten our ride by 10 miles and did not paceline. I rode fairly hard coming back, feeling the need to work hard, knowing that I was headed to Wendy's. Several of us gathered to eat and laugh. We talked of an alternative to the Cicero triathlon and really did not come up with anything yet, but I'm thinking we will.

Today is another wall to wall day of activity. It starts with a 7 mile run, here very shortly... It will end about 9 tonight.

No comments: