Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday morning

Ox used to haul lumber for a house in Guajire
Good morning! I hope your week is off to a good start. You know it has been a hot summer when low to mid 90s feels pretty comfortable. Yesterday did not seem that hot to me, and when I was at Camp last night the folks there commented on how it was such a pleasant day.

Yesterday began my move to establishing a routine. I made good progress. I got an early morning run in and then starting looking at my list of things to do. I made the list Sunday night. It's funny how a list like that just creates more and more things to add to it, so my list continued to grow yesterday. It seemed like every time I would cross one thing off another thing or two would be added. I like it.

Kedra and I re-arranged my church office yesterday. It has been the same way for a long, long time. I like the new look. When we were moving things around, we found things that had fallen behind the drawers of my desk. One thing was from 2006, so it had been a while since anything moved.

I am organizing my fall preaching and teaching activities. Today will see me, hopefully, advance that process. I am going to do an 8 week series on spiritual warfare, which I think will be interesting and helpful. I plan to begin it on August 19.

The official word came yesterday that the swim portion of the Cicero triathlon has been cancelled. That confirms what we thought and seals the deal as far as me not participating. It will make that weekend much easier for me. Ben has a football scrimmage Friday night, Kedra's parents are coming, and Luke is coming home as well. Going to Cicero would have put considerable strain on a busy weekend. Yesterday I started looking at sprint tris in September. There are a few options that I will explore.

OK, here we go. A have an interesting and varied day ahead of me. This evening I get to gather with a bunch of like-minded riders. Paceline Tuesday! It's one of my favorite things. We roll at 5:45.

No comments: