Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! Are you ready for Isaac? I think I will board up all my windows and secure everything over the next few days. What? You don't think I need to do all that? OK, I'll just wait for the rain to come. You know, and I've said this many times, I would love to be in a hurricane, experiencing it all. Maybe I should apply for a job at the Weather Channel?
 
Not gonna lie, yesterday was a tough day, one of the toughest in a while for me. Don't misunderstand. I am so happy that Rebecca is in Costa Rica for the next 4 months. She is going to learn Spanish in a way you can never learn it in a classroom, and she is going to have experiences that will enhance her life as long as she has it. It was just hard to say good-bye. She's my little girl. We have not heard from her yet, which is to be expected.
 
I pretty well holed up yesterday. I got a surprising amount of things done, so that was a bonus. I ventured out of my cave to go ride last night, but I wasn't into that much either, although I enjoyed the company of my friends. I opted to not paceline. I was so wrung out from saying good-bye to Rebecca that I didn't feel I had the keen concentration required to paceline. A lapse or two and you take out the whole line. I didn't want that on the last unofficial official ride of the summer.
 
This summer has been great in lots and lots of ways. Biking has been amazing for me, and last night's pleasant ride, followed by a trip to Wendy's, was a nice quiet way to end it. I will still ride some, but the main focus is now running.  Cranking out 40-50 miles a week leaves little time for riding now.
 
I ran 8 miles on Monday and did 3 last night after the ride, so I have quite a bit to do to get 40 this week. I am watching the weather and may adjust a little as I go. It looks like Saturday's run could be a wet one, so I may move some of those miles to another day? We'll see.
 
It's Long Day Wednesday -- people to see, places to go. Looks like a very nice day ahead, so I guess I should get started.

No comments: