Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Like Trees



Yesterday’s post about trees (see a couple of posts back) elicited a great thought from someone. You can read it further down. Let me set it up for you with a few facts about the giant sequoia tree.

These trees grow to nearly 300 feet tall and have a diameter up to 40 feet. Some of them are believed to be nearly 3,000 years old. They only root to 12-14 feet and have no tap root, yet they stand strong.

Here’s the comment that came to me yesterday:

Your comment about trees makes me think about the majestic sequoia trees, I find it interesting that they do not have a tap root, but they intertwine their roots with each other so they may stand to weather the storms together! God created them to be dependent on Him and on each other! Makes me think of our own lives and how much stronger we would be if we lean upon God and each other that much!

Thanks, Georgia, and amen.

No comments: