Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday

Hey, those creative blog post titles just keep coming don't they? What can I say? Well, one thing I can say is that I'm glad I'm not Prince Harry. I was thinking about all the exposure he has received over the last couple of days. We all do things, hide things -- things that would embarrass us (maybe not quite like Harry), but we are often not exposed. I'm glad. Aren't you? We probably ought to consider those things and imagine what it would be like to have all revealed. It's the old "Know Regrets - No Regrets."
 
Wednesday, the Long Day, was survived by me. You too, evidently, since you are reading this. Last night, in my class, which was really good, one of our members shared the old AA concept of "one day at a time." That's how we need to live. Don't drag yesterday into today, and don't drag tomorrow, with it's anticipated problems, into today. Jesus said, Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Yesterday was busy,long, varied, and good. I believe last night's class was the highlight for me. We talked about Romans 7 and the frustrating struggle of wanting to be good and do good but failing at both from time to time. Paul's articulation of his struggle is so easy to identify with.

I ran yesterday morning and felt pretty good. This morning I am going to do a 7 miler with some hill accelerations thrown in. It's time to get serious about Monumental. I really want to qualify for Boston again. It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. I don't know if I will run Boston again. I would be qualifying for 2014. If I learn to swim well enough, then I hope to do an Ironman that year. If I do an Ironman, then I probably will not go to Boston, even if I qualify. Of course if Lester's qualifies, then...

Today is going to be a busy day. I have all my Sunday prep to start on, a meeting or two, a counseling session this evening, and lots of little things thrown in amongst it all. One of my meetings is with the ethics committee of St. Vincent Dunn Hospital. I've been on that committee for more than a year and really enjoy the conversations and the people. Today we are talking about end of life issues. Catholic theology is interesting and I align pretty well with most of its ethical applications.

Alright, here we go...
 
 

No comments: