Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday

Well, good morning Wednesday! How'd you get here so fast? What's that? Oh, you come at the same time every week, and it's just a matter of perception how quickly you arrive? Any suggestions how to slow this whole thing down a little? No? Just deal with it, you say? OK. I'm doing the best I can.

I was up really early this morning. I woke up at 4 and could not go back to sleep, so this is going to make the long day even longer. There may have to be a little power nap somewhere a long the way today. I will try avoid that while I'm driving. Driving and napping do not mix very well.

Yesterday was good and a little different. I've been asked to do a little writing project, so I got started on that. It's taking me back into a world where I used to live, which is a bit of refreshment. I will tell more about this a little later on. I had lunch with a good minister friend yesterday. It's nice to have someone to talk to who does what you do.

Last night was (penultimate?) Paceline Tuesday. It was such a beautiful night! We experimented a bit last night, doing a more classic style of paceline, where each person pulls for just a few seconds before dropping back. It was faster, but I got popped off on Lost River hill. I think my hard run yesterday morning was a contributing factor. I just didn't feel very strong at any point. No complaints or excuses here - it was a fun night.

The cycling season is coming to a close for me. I hope to keep riding some, but my main focus will be running for now. I have right at 2200 miles on the road this year on the bike, which is not too bad. I have about 900 miles running, which is a little low, but those numbers will increase quite a bit as I starting getting 40 miles a week, which will start next week.

Today is going to be a busy one, so I best get going...

No comments: