Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday

Good morning! It's Friday. I hope that is good news to you. It is to me, because Friday, today, is the day that Luke comes home! I miss him so much and am looking forward to having him home for just a little while. He is bringing his friend Lydia with him. I don't remember the last time Luke was home, but it has been a while. He's been busy settling into his job in Nashville.

Tonight's a big night for Ben and the rest of us. High school football gets going tonight. We scrimmage BNL at their place. It's always challenge playing them, since they are so much larger than we are, but it's a good test. Ben is very nervous. I talked to coach last night, and he is very optimistic about having a good season. I hope so.

I did a brick workout yesterday: 31 mile ride and a short run. It went pretty well. My heart rate challenged me a little bit on the run. I think it is the accumulation of workouts over the last couple of weeks. It didn't take long to get it under control.

Today will be a rest day. Tomorrow I will do at least 10 miles, starting at 7 a.m. I will be done in time to get home to spend time with Luke and others. Tomorrow is the Cicero Triathlon, which has been turned into a duathlon, due to low water levels. This was the day/event that I have been focused on since late winter. It's a little disappointing that it's not going to happen as planned, but that's the way it goes. A few from our group are still going to participate. I hope they have a great day.

I hope you have a great weekend!


No comments: