Thursday, August 09, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Well, I can't give a taped rebroadcast... And I don't have any dog stories or stories about manly screams of courage as I leave the road on my bike. Nothing like that happened yesterday. I did run 5 miles early. It was just a pretty ordinary day. Hopefully it was a day full of seemingly mundane things filled with eternal significance.

Bumped into these, as I am reading through Jeremiah. This from the 29th chapter and speaks of Babylonian Exile and life in it and beyond:

This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Those are good words to know and live by when you are in Babylon. I'm sure you've been there before. Maybe you are living there now? Trusting God with all the unanswered questions and with the things that make no sense is the essence of faith. That's the life in Babylon that God will honor and eventually fix.

OK, time to go take it on.

No comments: