Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Love



It’s probably the most overused, misused word in the English language: love.

We love everything from our families to pizza.

The kind of love that we need to make relationships work is described in a 1 Corinthians 13.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

That’s a nice list of love’s qualities and characteristics! Don't you love this list?

An interesting exercise is to replace the word love in this passage with the word God.

A challenging/convicting exercise is to replace the word love in this passage with my/your name.

Looks like I have some work to do!

I’m so thankful that God love me perfectly, even when I fail to love as he does.

No comments: