Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Tuesday

Good morning! Do you remember that Village People song, "Macho Man?" You do? And you admit it? OK, anyway, there are times that I want to break out in song, changing the word macho to iron. Honestly it doesn't work very well, but, still, I want to be an Ironman. That's the goal!  Kedra really would like for me to become an iron man also. What we've got here is a failure to communicate, I think.

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is fine! And there was no charge! Can you believe it? You go to a doctor, he treats you well, and there is no charge. You need to choose your doctor carefully. I went to this doctor, and he took my wheel off, trued it, put it back on and adjusted my derailleur. I didn't even have to wait for it all to happen. It was painless!

While I was there I saw Jay E's new bike. Wow, another Kestrel Talon is soon going to be cruising the roads of Lawrence County. Tall Jay is going to be quite a sight rolling down the road. Once he gets up to speed, then he will be great to draft behind. He is supposed to pick his bike up this week.

While in Bloomington yesterday, I took advantage of the opportunity to meet/eat with Pat A. We had a nice time together talking about various things and working toward sermons on Mothers Day, which is rapidly approaching. I am not preaching this week, since we will be in Nashville Saturday night for Luke's graduation and party. As I have written before, not preaching on Sunday changes my week considerably, providing me more time to do other things.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had lots of unusual calls and contacts, including some people from KY who want me to do a graveside service for someone in Mitchell on Wednesday morning. This is interesting for lots of different reasons, and confidentiality keeps me from telling you anymore. Ha ha - don't you hate that? I would have to kill you if I told you. I will just say that it involves Russian spies and some things that happened when I visited Moscow, back in 2008. Part of my job is to mix truth and fiction in such a way that you cannot tell the difference. Oh, did I tell you that I swam 2 miles last night?

I managed a short bike ride yesterday afternoon before the rain came. My wrist hurt some, but it was/is much better. No, I did not go to a people doctor yesterday, just the bike doctor. I could tell things were better yesterday, so I decided that my own diagnosis and treatment were the way to go. Hey, I didn't want to disappoint you OR have anyone question whether I was a stubborn-medical-care-refusing man.

Need to go - got calls from Moscow and Istanbul coming in here shortly.

No comments: