Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Safe in Honduras

Just a quick note to say that I made it to Honduras without any problems. Pat A met me in Bloomington and dropped at the airport a little before 5. I didn't check any bags, so I went right through security to the gate.

The flight was on time, smooth, and far from full -- all good things. I got a lot of reading done with a small nap at the beginning and at the end, when Kindle use is prohibited.

In Houston I changed terminals in plenty of time, and I have the same good description for the flight to Tegucigalpa: on time, smooth, and far from full.

Once I landed I did not see any of my folks to pick me up. I've been here enough to know some of the locals. They also recognize me. (Must be the stunning good looks.) Anyway I was talking to one of them, and he offered to call Marc. I said, "No, he'll be here." He called him anyway, so Marc was able to tell me he is on the way.

My friend, of course, wanted a tip for his services. I gave him a tip. "Don't call when I say don't call." Just kidding. I was glad to give him a few limps. Anyway, by talking to Marc, it allowed to him run another errand, while I am eating lunch in the airport.

He will be here soon, and the fun will begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a smooth, safe trip. Daily prayers being said for everyone.

Don & Marilyn