Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday p.m.


I think I'm just about packed and ready to go. I've got a few things in the washer to add/wear. Three a.m. is going to come quickly. Hopefully I can sleep some on the plane going down. (I think I should rephrase that -- the plane heading south.)

Well tonight was Tempo Tuesday. I had hoped to have a great night, but you don't always get what you want/hope for. Ryan ran with me, and the first mile was into the wind, both the south and west parts of the first mile. It was tough. Everyone had a slow first mile. Mine was not only slow but draining. I hit it in 6.40, which was 5 seconds off my goal pace. I literally stopped. I didn't feel right.

After catching my breath for several seconds, we started on the second mile. I still didn't feel too great, but we cranked it out. Then on the third mile we got going again and hit it in 6.40. It was not what I wanted, but I'll take it. I wasn't too focused tonight and things just didn't flow well. Maybe I shouldn't have worn that hat??

Seven hours from right now I will be on my way to Indy, so I guess I better go get the final prep in place. I sure appreciate your prayers for a safe and productive trip. I'm not sure about posting from Honduras. I will if I can, but don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while.

No comments: