Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1 Honduras February 2012

The way to climb a hill on a bike!

As I mentioned in a quick post earlier today, I had good flights from Indy to Houston and from Houston to Tegucigalpa. It has been a long day, since it started at 2:30 this a.m.

I had a little while in the airport while I waited for Marc to pick me up, which was fine. I had a chance to eat and relax a little. He picked me up and we headed straight over to the Mayor of Tegucigalpa's office. There we met with the Mayor's wife.

Several of the people we work with have developed a good working relationship with her. She has a genuine concern for the poor of this city. Marc has partnered with her on several projects. The meeting today invovled partnering to rebuild the downtown market which burned last week.

The loss of the market has been devastating in many ways, so rebullding it and as quickly as possible is important. It was neat to sit in on the meeting and to meet the Mayor's wife. After the meeting we went to the store to get things to fix for the evening meal.

We are staying at Marc's house, since there are only 4 of us. When we arrived, Steve, Warren, and Dan were back from repairing a pump at the school. They had a successful day, and it was good to see them.

Tomorrow we are heading out to the farm at Zambrano to help build a block building. The plan is to spend the next 2 days out there. I am looking forward to that.

OK, I am tired, so I will quit for now. Please pray for us.

No comments: