Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday afternoon

Thanks Pat! You are just a plain freak. I am a running freak. We both like cheeseburgers. ha ha.

Wow, it has been a busy, packed day so far. And it's not over. I want to be an Ironman, so I need to leave the warmth of my comfortable house and chair and drive to Bedford North Lawrence and jump in water that seems pretty cool at first. There is a fine line between commitment and stupidity. I know this. ha ha.

We had such a nice time this weekend. We left early afternoon with Lester and Maddie and made our way to Nashville. We met Luke downtown so we could see where he is going to be working as an intern and hopefully as a full time employee. It's a very nice building. While there we ate at a very good restaurant.

After our meal we made our way out to the Lavenders. They have been wonderful friends for about 30 years. Earl has influenced my ministry more than anyone I know, and I continue to learn from him. Time with him always equals encouragement and good counsel. This time was no exception.

Our Rebecca had to work Friday evening, so she did not get to the Lavenders until bedtime. I waited for her and then crashed. The next morning we had a nice breakfast before heading out to run the Frostbite (see below).

Following the race we came back to the Lavenders to clean up and pack up. We then met up with Luke (and his friend Lydia) and Rebecca at Jack's BBQ down on Broadway. We had a wonderful meal together. Then it was time for the somewhat sad good-byes. I miss my kids a lot, but I am very pleased and proud of where they are in life.

OK, now you are up to speed. Now for some supper and then off to the pool. Eight is late! But...

No comments: