Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning! I hope you are ready to enjoy this day that we have received as a gift. Today is Valentine's Day, which is not one of my favorite days of the year. You see, I'm not much into "card holidays," as I like to call them. I know such an attitude/statement is fraught with danger. In a former life, between full time ministry jobs, I used to work with mostly women. I sure learned a lot -- mostly to keep my mouth shut. Anyway, I'm thinking of doing something special for Kedra today. There might be hints on this page? Maybe not?
 
Last night after my "swim" session, I was talking to one of my friends who is still in the dating game (good morning, J!). He announced to me, regarding tempo Tuesday, "I won't be there tomorrow night." I looked at him with a "why?" expression. Before I could articulate my expression, he said, "It's Valentine's Day." I said, "Yeah I know." Then I added, "I've been married a long time AND I have made arrangements to celebrate The Day on the weekend." He smiled a smile that later found a conversation about why he had to do the Valentine thing and why I didn't on the actual day. Have fun tonight J.

Lester, who is staying with us again this week as he does he pharmacy rotatation in Bloomington, is in another stage of marriage. He's not been married that long, so he, very wisely, is returning to Indianapolis this evening to spend the night with his lovely wife. He will forgo tempo Tuesday. Good choice. Good choice.

I am really looking forward to today. I'm going to get to study hard this morning, have lunch with a good thinking friend, hang around the food pantry, have a meeting or two, talk to several people, and end the day on the run. I will not tempo tonight, since I ran hard on Saturday. I will probably run 8-10 miles while a few are doing longer tempos tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Yesterday I had a very interesting conversation with a 25 year old man. He's been in/out of jail since he was in his mid teens. He's really ready to turn things around, and I think he's going to do it. I hope to walk with him on a path to a new life. We had a good start yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the hint is NOT in your blog... ewww

pat a