Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday


Well, so far, this weather prediction has been far from right! I guess winter officially starts today, so I suppose there is still time. Speaking of winter starting today - did you know that winter started yesterday in the central time zone and today in the eastern? It officially started around 12.30 a.m., which is 11.30 p.m. (yesterday), centrally speaking. Now isn't that interesting? Stop snoring!

You already know about part of my day yesterday, if you read the previous post. Shortly after that I spent more than 3 hours involved in court with a grieving mother. It was a long, frustrating experience. We sat there for the longest time, only to have a 2 minute meeting with the prosecutor, and there was really nothing significant to share. Oh well, while we were waiting we watched several people being sentenced and others making appeals. There were lots of people garbed in jail attire, complete with chains.

The judge sure doesn't mess around. He speaks straight and boldly. One young man appeared before him because he had not checked in with a court appointed defense attorney. The judge ripped him pretty good. The kid was dressed in jeans, complete with holes, and a hooded sweatshirt. The judge started, "First of all, if you ever show up before me again in jeans like that and a sweatshirt like that, I will find you in contempt!" Then he said, after ripping him for not checking in with the court appointed attorney, "Mr. xxxx, you have 10 minutes to get from here to his office on I Street. We are going to call in 10 minutes to see if you made it." The kid started to leave. "DON'T YOU LEAVE, until I tell you you are dismissed."

Due to the length of my time in court, I didn't have time to get to Bloomington to see Roger. I called and found out that he had a biopsy and should know the result in a day or so. They also should be able to tell about TB.

Today I am running 10 miles with some friends and then the family and I are heading to Louisville for a while. Christmas vacation is kinda starting!

No comments: