Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday

Thursday again! Already! They sure roll around, and if you have read this blog on a regular basis, you know that Thursday is sermon day. Lately it has been hard to get it done on Thursdays, due to schedule changes and other things. Today will be one of those days.

My Thursday bike ride has not happened in 3 weeks now. Running, as planned, has taken priority, but I didn't mean to stop biking. The weather has been a factor lately. Hopefully I can get back on the bike soon. I enjoy it, and it's good cross training.

This morning I have a meeting, followed by an assortment of activities. Included in those activities are a tour of the GM plant in Bedford. Over the last 2-3 years I have developed good friendships with people who work there or used to work there.  A lot of my running friends fit into one of those categories. In addition to those friends, we have several from our church family who work there, at least a half dozen. I want to go see what it's all about. I've never been inside the plant.

Today I also am going to see one of my former student's mother. I've mentioned this lady before. She has cancer and is on hospice. I am looking forward to seeing her and sharing some living hope.

The past suffering of Christ is the present condition of believers. The present glory of Christ is the future glory of those following him.

This evening I am helping out the transportation director by driving a bus to Brownstown. I think it is junior high volleyball. I've done this in the past, and I will say this. There's nothing quite like the noise that junior girls can make on a bus! Earplugs will be in order.  The good thing about a trip like this is that I usually get quite a bit of reading done. Tonight it may be sermon writing. A bus is a surprisingly good place to work. Over the years I've read a lot of books and written a few sermons in the big twinkie.

Sounds like some really cool weather ahead. Bring it. I would still like some 70s, and I think we will get some.

OK, I better get busy...

No comments: