Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday

It's Friday! And it's cool and windy outside. It's going to be a cool night to watch football, and we will be watching it all the way up in South Putman, which is up around Greencastle, I think. I need to find out, since I am driving one of the buses. All I know at this point is that it is a long trip and that we're stopping to eat on the way home. It's going to be a late, late night for this old man.

This will make tomorrow morning's 12 miler a little more challenging -- that and the cool windy weather. I'm sitting on 23 miles, so I have to do 12, because I have to have 35 for the week! Some of you understand this. ha ha

Everything I do now has a Boston focus with it, at least partially. It's a little too early to be too focused. My main objective right now is piling up miles. I hope to move into the 40 mile per week range next week. I hope that becomes a minimum. I will do rest weeks periodically with less miles, but I hope to be solid in the 40 mile range and moving toward 50 mile weeks by December. It is then that I will "officially" start training for Boston.

Yesterday I toured the GM Powertrain plant in Bedford. Wow, a lot of really good stuff goes on there! On the tour I got see several friends who work there. That was really neat to see them in their working environment. The plant is a real blessing to our community. Hopefully it will stay for years and years to come.

I hope you have a good weekend!

No comments: