Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday

What a beautiful day yesterday was! It's hard to beat a day like that. Now we are back to the heat, and I am OK with that also. Yesterday was another good, busy day. One of the things that happened yesterday was the placement of our billboard, pictured above. It is across the highway from CVS in Mitchell. We are curious to see what it will do for our business.

Our theory is that many people drive highway 37 from Orleans, Paoli, and south to work in Bedford and Bloomington. Most them probably have never been to downtown Mitchell and don't know what's there. Seems like most people like a thrift store, so we are hoping that, once people know about it, they'll take the time to stop on their way home from work. We'll see...

Yesterday I had some good study time, a good run, and a nice meeting with 7 other ministers from Churches of Christ. We gathered at Bedford for a time of eating, sharing, and prayer. It was encouraging and enjoyable. It lasted longer than we thought it would. Imagine that! ha ha

After a quick trip back to my office, where I tried to squeeze a few things in, I took off for the bus barn. They needed a driver for Junior High cross country. I try to help out with this sort of thing as a part of "living for the sake of others." It was fun to watch the kids run. I used to help coach JH cross country, so it brought back lots of memories.

Today is going to be another interesting day. I am going to start with a run that will include speed work. Then I have a meeting with a couple in their home, a little office time, then another meeting with someone, followed by another. We have classes tonight at 7, and a couple of young men are going to be baptized. Good stuff!

Better get going...

No comments: