Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday afternoon

Watching a little basketball this afternoon... Wow, the Butler game was amazing last night, wasn't it? I love watching them play the "big" teams on a national stage. I think they have a real shot of advancing further. I hope so.

To bring you up date with my life (like you really want to know - ha ha)... I did get everything done by Friday noon, and I did go for a 20 mile bike ride. I got it in right before some light rain came. It was an enjoyable experience. I am on my training path to Ride Across Indiana on July 16th. I need to build a base and then work on speed. It's similar to running, I suppose.

Speaking of running, I got my 14 miler in yesterday without any problem. I think I could have done several more miles. I ended up with 40 miles for the week. This is my first 40 mile week since before the Monumental Marathon. I hope to do 40-45 mile weeks until the Mini, while taking advantage of nice days to bike 2-3 times a week. After the Mini I will decrease running miles and ramp up bike miles.

I've got to get ready to go to Washington this evening to talk about Honduras. We'll get to visit with Maddie's (Lester's wife) parents. They are members there, and Drew, Maddie's dad, plans to go to Honduras with us again this summer, along with Hannah, Maddie's sister.

Tomorrow, everyone who lives in this house with me presently is leaving. I will be all alone until Wednesday. I don't mind that for a couple of days, so this should work out just fine.

OK, gotta get ready for this evening...

No comments: