Friday, March 18, 2011

Doing it again

I always seem to end up in the same place - the place where I am trying to do too much. It just happens, and it always ends up working out, but things start piling up demanding time and attention. It's hard to say "No." All the things I want to do, I think, are good things, but a person can only do so much.

I guess you can tell I am feeling a little pushed this morning, but that's the way it goes. I really feel pretty good about everything, and I am looking forward to today and the rest of the weekend. I will feel a lot better when my sermon is done. That is the constant of every week. It never leaves my mind. It's amazing how relieved I am once I consider it to be at an acceptable stopping place. I will still review it Saturday p.m. and Sunday a.m., but I can let it go for a day or so. I am almost there now; not quite.

We are loading at semi at 10, and then, assuming my sermon is done, I am off for a 20 mile bike ride. Therapy. Rest (active rest). Renewal. Tomorrow I have a 14 mile run. More of the same.

Don't you love the weather? I saw yesterday that it is going to get really cold in about a week and possibly a snow flake will fall. Ouch!

No comments: