Friday, February 11, 2011

Past, present, and future

As I was doing some last minute things for my Honduras trip, I remembered that 3 years ago I was in Russia. I'm not really sure why that came to mind, but I do think about Russia often, just about everyday I think. Here is my account of my last full day in Russia.

Going to Honduras sure is a lot different than going to Russia. I feel pretty comfortable heading to Central America. This will be my 4th trip, so I am pretty familiar with everything. This will be my first trip staying in a new place, however, but I think it is pretty similar.

I enjoy travelling, especially international travel. I've been blessed with a lot of it. Of course, living in Australia and New Zealand for nearly 7 years gave me lots of opportunities. I will confess that I do not like traveling that far (more than 24 hours). Honduras is great - leave the house at 3 a.m. and arrive in Tegucigalpa at 12.28 p.m. their time (2.28 ours).

I'm all checked in; boarding passes printed; all set! Hopefully I will be able to communicate here on a regular basis, as well as Facebook. I will try to post pictures daily.

We certainly appreciate your prayers.

No comments: