Monday, January 31, 2011

Sittin' here and wondering what the next 48 hours is going to bring. We are in an interesting spot for forecasting. We are the outer edges of both Louisville and Indianapolis's forecast areas, so it's hard to know sometimes. Lousiville takes a little more interest in our area than Indy does, in my opinion. Reading several different reports leads me to believe that we are going to be right on the line between ice and rain and will probably get both. Of course just a little shift could change everything. I guess we'll know soon. I hope the kids don't miss several days of school.

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good. I did a lot of reading. I finished up "Unbroken." I highly recommend it. It's about an Olympic athlete who ends up as a prisoner of war in Japan. It's a true story and keeps you on your toes until the very last page.

Ben and I ran 10 miles Saturday morning. It was my best long run since the marathon. I think some weight loss plus good weather were contributing factors. Ben is looking really strong. He left us with about a mile to go and finished strong.

This week my sermon focus is going to be on this question, "What are you afraid of?" I am going to experiment this week and see if I can get any response out of my Facebook friends regarding this question. I have no idea if this will work or not. You, too, are invited to answer the question here. I would love to hear your responses.

No comments: