Friday, January 28, 2011

Midday Friday

It's been an interesting day so far. I got up around 5 and did the things I always do. This morning I had a breakfast meeting at 7 with my Capstone Ministries buddies. After that it was back to my office to finish off the sermon, slides, and life group discussion guide. All done!

Then I decided to make a trip to D.C. Metal, just outside of Loogootee. We needed another remote for our garage door opener for Rebecca to use. I've been putting this off for a while, thinking that I would have a reason to be down that way. It hasn't happened, so I just made the trip. I found it very relaxing and nice.

As I drove through Shoals a lot of memories rushed into my mind. I worked with the church there for 4 years. I thought of several people; some dead and some alive. I would love to see some of them again.

On the way home I decided to take the long way. I turned onto 450 in Shoals and drove to Williams. I really enjoyed the ride. It was a good time to reflect, listen to some music, and feel alive.

One of the things I thought about was the Challenger disaster that happened 25 years ago today. We were living in New Zealand at the time. It was shocking. It was especially hard on Kedra. Her dad was working at NASA as an engineer at the time, and he actually worked on the solid rocket boosters. [It was not his part that went bad.]

Memories. Lots of them on this Friday.

No comments: