Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The falling snow is so beautiful! I'm sitting in front of the fireplace, completed sated from a yummy breakfast of steel cut oats, Ezekiel toast, an egg and Canadian bacon. This was after a couple of cups of Starbucks coffee - the Christmas gift that keeps on giving (though I am quickly running out).

In a little while I will head to the ReGeneration Store for most of the morning. I was present there nearly all day yesterday. I set up in the office and got a lot of study done and helped out a little with the phone, receiving donations, and a couple of other things. Most of the day I was focused on The Book of Life. There is a lot of mentions in the Bible about heavenly books; very interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it or how to talk about it on Sunday, but I have a few more days to get there.

Today I will spend time working on Butch's funeral message. I want it to be special, which is the case for every funeral. Butch had such a distinct personality. I want to be able to capture the essence of that. Being at the Store today seems appropriate; a great place to prepare.

Also today I will continue my Roger duties. Roger, the famous deaf neighbor, is in Mitchell Manor for a week or two, so we are keeping his house warm, with the help of another one of his friends. He heats with wood, so we are trying to keep the fire going. The biggest concern is the dog, Benji. He is so lonely. Yesterday I had some "Benji time." I went up there and held him for about half an hour, while I watched Roger's TV. I really should receive a medal for this, some sort of commendation. Why? 'Cause I'm not that crazy about dogs. I can't stand them licking me! But I let Benji, although I keep my gloves on. I guess that's cheating, right? Oh well, maybe a certificate of participation (instead of a medal).

We were supposed to start our Tuesday evening tempo runs this evening. Not going to happen. Hopefully we'll still get a good run in. I like running in the snow.

OK, need to get going... Bronco time!

No comments: