Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So, how's it going? I think I'm about tired, but there is quite a bit of the day left. I will persevere.

We had Butch's funeral this morning, and it went well, I think; others felt the same. It was a positive upbeat funeral, if that makes sense. It was like Butch. I had several people contribute thoughts about him, and that always helps make it more personal. We talked about how Butch won. He and I had a conversation early in his illness about how he could not lose. We discussed Philippians 1:20-23 - to live is Christ and to die is gain. Can't lose; win either way. Life. Death.

I think I am going to get on the bike trainer today and do some work on my core as well. I don't feel like running. I went out last night with the group. It was like a blizzard for a lot of the run. The wind was blowing around 25 miles an hour, and it was snowing. It was fun! I really did enjoy it.

Looks like the snow is still blowing around and coming down a little. I hope school is in session tomorrow. I am beginning to have doubts.

OK, I don't feel like sharing anything else, so...

No comments: