Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thursday

Hello Thursday! Today is going to be a good one! How do you like my new bike trainer? She's a beaut, ain't she? Oh, what do you mean you don't care? Even if you don't care, I will tell you that I got it all set up and ready to go. Now I have to develop a training plan. It is positioned in front of a TV in the basement, so I plan to use it while watching news or sports.

Yesterday came and went, as all days do. My computer was in the shop all day, so I was thrown off just a bit. What does that say? Am I too dependent? I'm not sure how I would do all I do if I didn't have one.

This morning it looks like the big storm is tracking a little farther to the north, which means less snow for us. It's still too early to tell. One thing everyone agrees upon is that it will be very windy on Sunday and then very cold on Monday. Next week is supposed to be even colder than this week! Ouch.

I want to get all my Sunday prep done today, which is a tall order. Lester and Maddie are coming down this evening, and then in the morning we are all taking off for Huntsville. We'll return Saturday night after a stop in Nashville to see Luke. It's going to be a quick but fun trip. I am so excited about Lester's first marathon. Here's the weather forecast for him:

Saturday
Showers likely. Highs in the mid 50s. Light winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.


That'll be good, if it is not raining too much/hard.

I'm looking forward to thinking about Anna today -- the one in Luke 2. We had a good class last night. I always enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. It always stimulates my thinking.

One of my students, some time back, gave me Led Zeppelin's "box set" of work; whole lotta music. I listen to it some while I'm driving. Back in the day, they were my favorite band. I even saw them in concert. Stairway to Heaven was the 20 minute encore! Anyway, coming back to their music some 25 years after leaving it behind is quite interesting. I have a different perspective and understanding. There are some real theological gems in their work. For example, look at this from Kashmir:

“To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen. They talk of days for which they sit and wait, all will be revealed.”

This made me think of Anna and Simeon. The Mystery was revealed. Their waiting was over at the First Coming of Christ. We’re still waiting.

Keep waiting and be a good waiter today.

No comments: