Monday, December 06, 2010

It's a little chilly out there this morning! To run or not to run? Hmmm. I'm having this internal conflict about it, and I know most of you don't care. It's a running thing, you wouldn't understand. (Thought I would steal that from the Jeep marketing folks.)

There is not much exciting to report from the weekend. The older I get the more I like not having much to report! I kinda like the quiet weekends. Kedra and Rebecca went to Indy Friday afternoon, along with some other women, to see the Nutcracker at Clowes Hall on Butler's campus. This left Ben and I batching it. This can mean only one thing: eating out.

I picked Ben up from school Friday afternoon, and we made our way over to the FLC to re-hang the cross. It had been taken down as a part of a construction project. Earl W. was going to join us to help in the re-hanging. Mark R. was there working on something else, and I'm glad he was. The cross is heavy! [Insert sermonic thoughts/ideas here.] The four of us got the job done, and then it was time for Pizza. Three of us, Ben, Earl, and me, ate an extra-large. That was a lot of pizza!

Saturday morning arrived, wrapped in a beautiful coat of white. Ben and I made our way over to Bedford to run. I was going to run 10, but the slush and my very wet feet, along with Ben not running 10, reduced my run to 6+, which is fine since I'm just maintaining fitness until the first of the year. The rest of Saturday involved mundane trash duty, checking on the coat giveaway and toy sale, reading, basketball and football watching, along with preparing for Sunday. ZZZzzzzzzzz

Yesterday was cold! We did all the usual things we do. Faithfulness.

This week should be good. This is the last week of classes at OCU-B; finals to follow next week. This semester has been tough, so I welcome its end. I will miss my students, however. I am not teaching next semester.

Lester is running his first marathon on Saturday in Huntsville, so Kedra and I are going to make a quick trip down to support him. I will probably run the last half with him. He is just doing this one with no particular goal beyond finishing; good plan. He hopes to qualify for Boston in April in Toledo, which would be awesome. If he does, then we could run Boston 2012 together.

No comments: