Tuesday, December 07, 2010


Good morning, Tuesday! It's good to wake up to a pot of freshly brewed coffee. I set the coffee maker the night before so it will be ready for me when I get up. It is one of those simple pleasures. I'm just about out of the bag of Starbucks beans that I received for my birthday; hoping for some more for Christmas!

Yesterday was a good day. It sure was cold! I opted not to run and then had twangs of guilt the rest of the day. I know, I know! I will run today, and it will all be OK. I've ordered a bike trainer, so soon I will be able to "spin" on days like yesterday/today. My focus for 2011 includes much more time on the bike and RAIN - Ride Across Indiana in late July. Biking will help my running, plus it is very enjoyable, especially when it's hot outside. Speaking of that, do you remember how hot it was just a few weeks ago??

As a rule a man's a fool
when it's hot he wants it cool
and when it's cool he wants it hot
and he always wants what's not


Sounds like we could get a really big snow storm late Saturday/early Sunday. It's still a long way off, but I am watching all the guys watching all the computer models. I find all that interesting. Several say that the weather we are experiencing now may be the coldest that we will have all winter. We are under the influence of La Nina, which usually results in mild wet winters. I'll tell you in March what happened.

Yesterday was my penultimate (just love that word) class meetings at OCU-B. Everyone was in a goofy mood, following my lead I suppose. We had a lot of fun. One more class session and then a couple of final exams.

This week I am studying Redemption through the eyes of old Anna the prophetess. You can read about her at the end of Luke 2. I find characters like her very intriguing. They get a brief mention in Scripture, but I like to imagine what their life is like. Anna seems to be north of 100 years. She's been waiting for a long time, just like Simeon, to see the Lord's Christ.

Lot of waiting going on in Luke 2. Just as they waited for the first coming, so we wait for the second coming of Christ. We wait, with all of creation, for the final redemption of all things (Romans 8). Be a good waiter today!

No comments: