Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend

The weekend is almost over, I guess. Depends on how you measure it, I suppose. Either way it's been good.

Luke is home! That makes life a lot more pleasant. I am looking forward to spending some time with him this week. He arrived right after the Colts lost. His arrival mitigated the grief!

Today was a long but really good day. I got up early, 5.15, and began with a nice cup of coffee. I did my reading and a few other things. Since I was not preaching, I did not have my usual last minute (hour) prep. I spent a little extra time studying for my class. That was very enjoyable.

Class went well, and worship was wonderful! We heard my different voices speak from the heart about gratitude. They truly showed the biblical ideal of being thankful in all things/circumstances. Many spoke of gratitude even from the context of suffering.

I had a meeting all afternoon, and then we honored our senior citizens with a nice dinner. It was very well-attended, and the food was yummy, as usual. I finally made it back home, just in time to watch the second half of the Patriots/Colts game.

Yesterday was really nice. Ben and I went on a 5 mile run with my Bedford buddies. We then worked in the yard the rest of the day. We got all the leafs taken care of, and I did a few other things to prepare for winter. I got the smoker out and smoked a couple of chickens. Yum, yum!

This week will be different. I don't have my classes at OCU-B, so I have a little extra time. I will work on my sermon early in the week, since I will be occupied on Thursday and Friday. We have the big race on Thanksgiving morning. This is my first attempt at directing a race. Thankfully I have lots of good help. It looks like we are going to have around 150 runners. I have quite a bit of last minute work to do in prep for the race.

Time to make some popcorn...

No comments: