Friday, November 19, 2010


It's Friday! I am supposed to take Fridays off, but it rarely happens. Not going to happen again today, but that's OK. I don't have too much pushing me today. Going to pick up some food from the schools for our food pantry this morning, along with another guy. Then I have a physical for my CDL driver's license; don't enjoy this at all. Later I have a small, private wedding to do.

This evening Kedra, Ben, and I are going to Bloomington to eat and do a few things. Ben won a $50 gift certificate for Smith's shoes at the Persimmon run. It expires soon, so we need to go get that taken care of. We need to stop by Sam's for some things for Thanksgiving, and I am going to get some meat to smoke this weekend. (Yes!) This is also my birthday celebration, since next week will be a little crazy (in a good way).

I turn 52 on Thanksgiving Day. I keep telling anyone who will listen how appropriate it is that my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. Most people roll their eyes. They just don't get it! You know you are getting old when you combine a birthday dinner with practical things. It's my preference actually. Birthdays are not as exciting as they used to be.

The Give Thanks 4 race was in my dreams all night long AGAIN! It my first race to direct, so I guess I am nervous subconsciously. At a conscious level I don't seem to be that way. Things are coming together pretty well. I have lots of good help in getting everything organized. I only need about 2 more volunteers, which shouldn't be too hard to take care of.

There's more, but that's enough for now...

No comments: