Monday, November 22, 2010

Good day

What a nice, warm day! I don't know why, but I woke up a little after 4 and then got up at 4.30. I guess I am not requiring as much sleep presently. I really would like to stay in bed longer, but I can't seem to do it. It makes for a long day, but that's OK.

I got a lot of good reading done this morning, had breakfast, saw Kedra and the kids off to school, and then left shortly after they did. I dropped my stuff off at the church office and then headed to the Park for a run. I ran 7 miles this morning, which is the longest run I've done since the marathon. It felt pretty good; my recovery is coming along pretty well.

Luke got up and came in around mid-morning. We spent a couple of hours working in the FLC. We cleaned out under the west side of the stage, cut out boards on the floor, and then rolled the table carts under there.

Today I spent some time working on the Give Thanks 4 race. Pre-registration has been really strong for a first time race, so we are expecting a pretty decent crowd. The only thing that might keep the numbers down is the possibility of rain. The hardest part of organizing a race is figuring out how many t-shirts and what sizes. Laura Barlow has been great to work with. Patient! We ordered 50 more shirts today; they should be here tomorrow. I have 23 volunteers on board at this point, which is great!

Spent a little time at the Store today. Things there are going really well. We are all concerned about Butch's health. I know many people are praying for him. I also saw another lady in intensive care today, but I could not get her to respond to me. I left a note.

After school Kedra and I ran some errands, mostly related to getting ready for all of our kids to be home. We are really looking forward to tomorrow evening. All of our kids will be able to sit down together. I am going to smoke a pork loin tomorrow afternoon for our feast. While it is smoking I can get some study down for Sunday's sermon.

Ben and Luke got the potato gun out this evening. They retooled it and got it to fire. It is quite an experience. In case you don't know, a potato gun is a gun made of plastic pipe. You jam a potato down the barrel and then load the firing chamber with hairspray, close the lid and hit the ignitor. Boom! It sends a potato a LONG way!

OK, enough, and I think I need some more popcorn.

No comments: