Thursday, September 09, 2010

Trying to get in the flow

The 2-3 weeks have been a huge adjustment for me (and I’m not complaining). Kedra took a full-time job at the high school, which means I don’t have communication access to her like I have had for most of our 26 years together. The other person that I talked to the most, my friend and one of my partners of Capstone Ministries (ReGen Store), also took a job at school, so I can’t talk to him during the day, which was when we used to talk a fair amount.

Coupled with those adjustments was the transition from the slow pace of summer to the fast pace of teaching 2 classes at Oakland City U. and teaching 2 new classes at church. Then added to those time commitments (prep and execution) are football and volleyball. Ben has games on Mondays and Friday most weeks, and Rebecca often has 2-3 games each week. Wow, no wonder I am having trouble keeping up with everything!

Last week I totally forgot a meeting and then last night, for some reason, I didn’t click that I needed to be at church at 6 p.m. Oh well. Like the title says, I am just trying to get in the flow of everything. I’ve been waking up early lately, like 4.30 early. It’s crazy but it helps get a lot of reading and studying accomplished.

My running is going well. I had a 50 mile week last week and should do the same this week. I’ve also managed to get on the bike for 40 miles this week. The old body is holding up pretty well; just a few aches and pains here and there. So far nothing has been serious or changed my training plan. I am getting more mentally focused on the Monumental Marathon which is only 8 weeks from Saturday.

Today I had a sad experience. A person I am trying to help was about to lose her house to foreclosure. We thought we were going to be able to save it, but it was too late. She and her family have to move out and will have to move in with some family for a while. I like these folks. They are really trying hard to make it on their own. He lost a job and couldn’t find one for several months. That’s how they got so far behind. They lived without gas and electricity for several months. They didn’t ask for help; pretty determined folks. I hope we can help them get going again.

There are lots of other things going on, but I am too tired to talk about them right now. Everything seems pretty good. I am really enjoying my work at church and with OCU-B.

I’ll try get a little more consistent here. I like doing this, because it helps me think through what I do. I have also become active on Facebook and even Twitter (awb330).

No comments: