Friday, September 10, 2010

It's Raining!

I like rain just about any time, but today's is especially special! I missed the last little rain we had a few weeks ago, so it has been several weeks since I have even seen the stuff.

I had a breakfast meeting at 7 and then I went for a 7 mile run in the rain. I actually got pretty wet before it was over. At one point I ran into the edge of town. Some lady in a housecoat shouted from her porch, "You're gonna get wet!" I replied, "That's OK; it feels good." She laughed, and I ran away thinking, "that was a little odd." Oh well.

Now I am trying to finish off a sermon from Genesis 3. Interesting chapter! All of life's problems have their origin there. Really. We are still suffering because of the actions of Adam and his wife Eve. And we still do what they do: rebel, disobey, cover up, hide, and then blame others. The blame-shifting is almost humorous. The man says that it's God's and the woman's fault, and woman says it's the snake's fault. They all get cursed, and we all still feel it. We are still living east of Eden.

The promise of the Story of God is that we will again have access to the Tree of Life in the Paradise of God. The Story begins with such access and it ends, in Revelation, with access restored, thanks to the wonderful work of the Lamb of God. In the meantime we suffer from time to time and always long for redemption.

No comments: