Saturday, May 01, 2010

Wrapping up the week

Got a little busy the last couple of days... We had a good trip to Nashville on Thursday. We delivered about 100 boxes of various supplies that will be shipped to Honduras. Healing Hands International is doing the shipping for us. They have a most impressive warehouse and do a lot of good in this world. It was neat to visit their headquarters.

Luke came over from Lipscomb and helped us unload, and then we went to lunch. Luke’s girlfriend, Caroline, joined us. We had a nice meal and visit together. Then it was time to head back north. We got in about 6.30, and I was too tired to run and/or bike. Rest is a good thing too.

All of my usual Thursday work got pushed to Friday. It all went well, I think. I guess the church on Sunday will decide whether my assessment is right! I managed to get a three mile run in. After the experience in Louisville, specifically the way the hills beat me up, I am determined to run more hills from now on. I parked at Spice Valley church and ran toward Bryantsville. The first mile is literally all up hill; cruised up with no problem.

I loved the rain this morning. I actually managed to stay in bed past my usual time of arising. The rain stopped just in time for the 8 a.m. run in Bedford. We had a nice 8 miler. All of last week’s marathoner’s were there, so we told a few stories. The funniest one was that Jim’s daughter, who does not know me, saw me running last week. It was late in the marathon, and I was all bent over to the right. She saw that and said something to the effect, “Look, a special needs runner!”

The run this morning wore me out; still feeling the residual tiredness. Hopefully I will feel better/stronger for the Mini next week. I would love to have a good run. Thinking past the mini, it looks like John, Tim S. and I are planning on running the Monumental Marathon. Sure there will be others too. If the weather is not too warm, like last year, it should be a great place to qualify for Boston. Rand is not going to wait that long. He is going to Grandma’s Marathon in MN in June to do the deed. It’s tempting but for me I thinking waiting is a better idea.

After the run this morning we were going to eat at the Pancake Festival, but the line was really long. John, Tim S, and his wife Jamie, and I ended up at Bob Evans. It was a nice way to finish.

Looking forward to tomorrow...

No comments: