Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dino extinction part 2

This is the evolutionary view. The other post is from a Creationist standpoint. Ha ha!

I ran this afternoon! I guess you would call it running. It was ugly and painful (as expected), but I’m back at it. They’ll all get better from this day forward. This marathon beat me up like nothing I’ve ever done before.

Following the run I went for a short bike ride. I hope to become regular rider for the next few months. It will be good cross training. I’m also hoping to learn to swim, and if I do, then I hope to compete in a triathlon later in the summer. My goal, eventually, would be to do a half iron man event. That’s likely a long way off and dependent upon my ability to learn to swim effectively. We’ll see... Boston still remains the main thing; first priority.

Today I spent several hours with John and Janice Wilkins from Indy. John (Carolyn’s son) grew up here and wanted to bring a friend from Africa to see some of the ministry we are involved in. We started out at Spring Mill Bible Camp. It was enjoyable walking the campgrounds on a beautiful day. Following our time at Camp we visited the ReGeneration Store and talked about the ministry we do with the revenue the store creates and how the store itself is ministry in that it provides low cost clothing and other items to people who need them. Then we went to our church building and looked around, especially in the food pantry.

It’s always good to re-examine what you are doing through the eyes of another. Today was that for me, and I liked what I saw. We’ve been blessed in many ways.

Off to Nashville, TN tomorrow. Kedra and I are taking a trailer load of clothes, medical supplies, shoes, plumbing supplies, and other stuff to be loaded on a container in Nashville. The container should ship soon and be in Tegucigalpa when we arrive. We’ll be in Honduras from July 1-11.

No comments: